Lu

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
Jane Austen
The Double Jinx Mystery
Carolyn Keene
Smallville: Guardian part 3 (Season 11 #3)
Bryan Q. Miller

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1)

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1) - Let me start off by saying, this wasn’t a bad book. It had all the makings of something I would enjoy – romance, casters/witches, magic, great setting etc. But for some reason I did not enjoy it as much as I could have. I have been wondering why this could be. Was it too long? Was the plot to simplistic? I have no idea. What I do know is that I found myself doing this:I was just so bored.But gifs aside, the characters were interesting and I really loved the setting, I just didn’t enjoy the novel as a whole.Lenah was a welcome change to the male supernatural falling in love with the human. I like this change. Ethan was full of southern charm and of course he falls for the new girl in town, a girl he has a “connection” with. People try to keep them apart. They try and stay away from each other, but of course this doesn’t work… it never does. Sound familiar? It should, as it is the same as all the other YA Paranormal books out there. I might just be done with this genre, and this book has confirmed by beliefs even more.This got a 4.5/10 from me.————————————————————————————————Movie ReviewThis is one of those rare cases where I think the movie was better than the book. There were necessary changes made to the storyline to make it fit the hour and half-ish, and these changes, whether they were by cutting characters, changing sequence of events etc. really worked.The scenery was amazing! I found myself wishing I stayed in Gatlin. I also thought Alden Ehrenreich was perfect for the role of Ethan, and I found his lopsided smile really attractive. Overall I applaud the casting and the attempt to make a boring book a bit more exciting and I wish that I had more popcorn to nomnomnom on.This got a 6/10 from me.