Lu

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
Jane Austen
The Double Jinx Mystery
Carolyn Keene
Smallville: Guardian part 3 (Season 11 #3)
Bryan Q. Miller
Marilyn: Norma Jeane - Gloria Steinem Biographies are always hard to rate and review, but I'll do my best. This was a bit different from any other biography I have read, and I can't decide if it was good or bad.Marilyn Monroe had a very interesting life, that I don't think 182 pages could do justice. Gloria Steinem focused a lot on the later part of Marilyn's life, only mentioning and referring to her past a few times. It read more like a summary of Marilyn's life with touches of conspiracy theories. I think this is what bothered me the most about this biography - there were no references or sources. This wouldn't normally bother me, but when you state something that nobody could possibly know, I would like to know how you got to the conclusion. There are a lot of things about Marilyn's life (i.e. The Kennedy family's involvement) that have always been debated and theorized and I think these things should be treated as such, and not as facts.What I really enjoyed was the focus on things that happened after Marilyn's death, it is not something I have read about often. Gloria Steinem also tackles some physiological issues and goes a bit deeper into who Marilyn was. And I enjoyed how this biography made you think about the deeper things that were happening in Marilyn's life. Thus read more like a physiological analysis than a biography.PS: There are some beautiful photographs at the back of this book.All in all if you like short biographies, then this is the one for you. If you like more in depth biographies then maybe another one would be best.